Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Reflection


Reflecting on life Current mood:LOVED Category: Life
Once again, I find myself just sitting here and reflecting on life. How amazing God's love for us really is. You know, we all make mistakes and even when we are trying so hard to do right, we stumble. But the most amazing part is that we have the strength and courage and enough faith in ourselves and GOD that THIS TOO SHALL PASS.
When I sit and talk to other people its' funny as to what jumps out at me regarding where I am with my walk with God. I guess you can chalk all that up to what most people call "experience."
I am really excited to see where God is going to be leading and guiding me in the coming months. God really has me in a very interesting place with Him right now and I am loving it. I am really understanding His love for me and that understanding, is allowing me to go to deeper levels of His love, mercy and grace.
When are we going to stop worrying about the "traditions" of the church and start worrying more about the move of God? We are so caught up in traditions that we are not allowing room for the spirit of God to come in and completely take control and allow His spirit to move that way HE wants it to. I guess I just have a different look at things because of this understanding of God's love for me and I truly know why I was created.
I am so very blessed to have come from a heritage of God-fearing family members. I am fourth generation Pentecost and I am so greatful for that heritage. That is one incredible heritage to say that one possesses. You don't find it that much any more these days. I know that's part of the reason why I am still here today. I had a set of praying grandparents and parents and other family members that never let a day go by without mentioning my name in prayer. I will NEVER take that for granted.
Well I think I have rambled enough for tonight. I hope everyone has a blessed day. And remember, GOD LOVES YOU unconditionally.

2 comments:

The Family of Logo said...

I was intrigued at your outlook of being raised Pentecostal. I hated being raised in that religion! I suppose there's a major difference between males vs females.
I've always been grateful for being rooted in Christ before I found a relationship with Him though. The church I go to now did a series called "Vote 'NO' on Religion" the year of the Presidential Primary. The teachings were about Religion vs Relationship and BOY did it open my eyes! I've come a VERY VERY long way since then! You can check the sermons out for yourself at http://www.highdesertchurch.com if you feel compelled to do so.

The Family of Logo said...

if you choose to go to the website above...
choose the message library...

then go to 2008 series...

and there you'll find "Vote 'NO' on Religion" series...

you can watch each message in order by date or randomly by topic. Please let me know if you DO hear these messages and what you receive from them. They are awesome!