Wednesday, December 10, 2008

God's Love


"God's Love" a poem written by myself.
A love so true, someone who is always there
You love me, Lord, and I know that you care
Though others disappoint and are always changing
I know that You never will
When life is turbulent and the road is twisting
You say to my heart, "Be still."

I must rest solely in Your tender arms
Guarded by the strength You convey
All others will fail time and again
But You, my God, will always stay.
When my heart is aching inside, no matter the reasons why
You touch the wounds, heal the hurts, and dry these tears I cry.

When something is missing in my life
And my heart yearns for something more
You teach me of Your covenant love
And the hope that is laid up in store.
When I'm lonely inside, Your arms are open wide
Sheltering and protecting, so strong, yet mild
Your Spirit stirs within my heart, fixing every broken part
Reminding me that I'm Your child.
Though some things in life are unsure
And at times I feel left all alone
You touch my heart and I am content
Your love surrounds me - I feel right at home.


Sitting here in just thinking about life, I started to think about God's Love,which made me think back to a particular messageI heard preached my an incredible man of God entitled, "Why Did God Create Us?" If we truly can comprehend why in fact, we were created,it will completely and totally change the way you worship, pray, and feel towards God. When you pose this particular question to most people, their answer will be that we were created to worship God. Indeed, God does want us to worship and exalt Him but that's not the essence as to why he created us. That is merely a benefit that he gets from us, if we choose to do so. The best way to explain it would be the same wayit was conveyed by this awesome man I heard tell this. God created usbecause WE are an object of HIS affection (LOVE). You know He also created the birds, trees, everything. But knowing this do you realize thatWE humans, are the only ones that have the choice to LOVE him. He created us all ready knowing that we would falter, fail, make bad choices and so on. But yet he created us anyhow simply out of LOVE. He's not a type A Personality to just create something simply because it will show praise him. He created us out of pure and unconditional love. It's closely related to why couples make the decision to bring children into the world. They have made a life together and love each other and arehappy. But they know something is just missing from the picture. They start having the desire and want to LOVE something. So becausethey still have love to give after loving each other they have children, purely out of LOVE. When I began to really grasp this concept about God's Love, my life changed. I worship different.I pray different.I AM DIFFERENT.It has really changed my life. Since being back in Alexandria, after being out of church for almost 12 years, there have been occassions where situations and people have tried to distract me from the cause.Life has been hard. But you know, like the poem by Maya Angelou states,"Still I rise!" This too shall pass. Because those people that are trying to tear me down don't realize something. Those people don't realizethat I am no longer doing things in my life for other people. I am doing things in my life because I know and understand that GOD LOVES ME and I know why I was created. I am a miracle to still be here today and thatsimple fact doesn't allow negativity to enter my life because I know I amblessed to just be on this earth just one more day. I am not going to let other individuals or situations try to tear me down. In the name of Jesus.The bible states, "That NO weapon formed against me shall prosper. I am MORE THAN A CONQUEROR through Christ Jesus." Lord knows I have come through hell. But I just wanted to share a little bit of my thoughts for the day. The first song that you hear when you are lookingat my myspace profile is an incredible song that our choir did a couple of weeks ago. ON MY FACE! Let me tell you! Well I hope everyone has a blessed day.

1 comment:

The Family of Logo said...

What a beautiful thing to share! I really needed to read this poem today! I'm SO glad at whatever made you chose to read my blog and IM me that led to you finding your blog and me reading it! This has blessed my heart today, thanks.